Monday, June 23, 2008

95. Charlie Bone and the Time Twister

I was lucky enough to find the rest of the series on bookmooch and so I was able to continue reading Jenny Nimmo's Children of the Red King Series.

Second to the series is Charlie Bone and the Time Twister. Henry Yewbeam, Charlie's great great grandfather, mysteriously disappeared one night and we find out that he was tricked into using a time twister and was transported into the future to Charlie Bone's time. Amidst problems with his friends and avoiding a plot of his aunts to trick him to enter the painting of an evil sorceror named Skarpo, Charlie is having a hard time trying to hide Henry from Ezekiel Bloom ( the cousin who tricked Henry) and his spies, including BIlly Raven.

Honestly, book 2 was a bit of a letdown for me. At first I liked Henry but I really couldn't sympathize with his character when he was transported to Charlie's time. He just started to annoy me, and his actions that led to his capture was just plain foolish thinking. I can imagine being lost in time should be a bit daunting but he never listens. We also find out that Cook has a big role to play in the story too. And Uncle Paton is solid as a rock amidst bursting bulbs :) . I would probably read the next book hoping it's better than this o ne.

Rating C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!