Monday, May 19, 2008

99. Goddess of the Spring by PC Cast

Goddess of the Spring is the 2nd book of the Goddess series and I have to say that this is my favorite book so far.

Following the myth of Hades and Persephone, Linda exchanges souls with Persephone to save her bakery during the time when Persephone needs to stay in the Underworld. And during this time, Linda starts falling in love with the reclusive Hades.

The story of Hades and Persephone has always had a romantic twist for me, which was helped when they used this plot in the Hercules series with a hunky Hades to boot. The beginning started a little too slow for me but when Lina finally arrives in the Underworld, the story picks up and the supporting characters were also very endearing. Her powers with animals I really liked too and of course the ending just made me want to read the book all over again.

Rating : A

No comments: